29 December 2008

Getting personal about 2008

I got this splendid and equally boring idea from Michelle's blog and here it goes:

1. What did you do in 2008 that you had never done before?

Slept on a beach near the Black Sea with 24-hour trance music thumping in my ears (Update: The user called Muratlantik asked where that was...it was Kazantip Republic. Check the previous posts in this blog for more info)

2. Did you keep your New Year resolutions for 2008?

Of course no...who does?

3. What countries did you visit?

Ukraine (and the beloved autonomous republic of Crimea), Russia and Belarus

4. What would you like to have in 2009 that you did not have in 2008?

Peace

5. What date from 2008 is etched on your memory?

14.1.2008. The date that I thought that I would never set foot in post-Soviet Union again...I was wrong.

6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Staying alive, employed, healthy, well off, well fed and beloved.

7. What was your biggest failure?

My sadistic devotion to my blackberry smartphone 

8. What was the best thing you bought?

My democratically-priced Sony home theater system that has speakers with the size of a golf ball and synchronizing it with my fascistically priced Sony LCD TV.

9. What did you get really really really really excited about?

Having a cat and keeping it alive

10. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Outsourcing the chores at home...

11. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Making people happy, unrequited

12. Did you fall in love in 2008?

Should I get that personal? Who cares about that?

13. What was your favorite TV program?

Lost...and the funny thing is that I never watched it on TV. God bless Internet...

14. What was the best book you read?

"A Terrible Revenge" by De Zayas. A complete understanding of WW2 and human history is never complete without it.

15. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Legowelt..."The kids want thechno0o!" and Parov Stelar

16. What did you want and not get?

A factory deactivated Avtomat Kalashnikova - 47 assault rifle (1970 revised issue) or a Dragunov sniper rifle...(just for decorative purposes)...or a huge URALMASH tattoo on my back...joking

17. What is one thing that made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

My cumulative salary...

18. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

Keep it clean and neat.

19. What kept you sane?

My controlled insanity

20. What political issue stirred you the most?

I am living and working in or near the most stirred up political climates in the world. Am I clear with that answer?

2 comments:

Burcu said...

I found this questions quite cute and reminded me our childish surveys in primary school.
And i wanna answer all :) ( i dunno if you're interested in or not)
1- I got Honour Certificate from University before i graduated. (i didn't know that i'm this much clever:)
2- No, i even didn't think about it.
3- I intent to fly to Athens but i couldn't.
4- Get a better job. It just sucks here!
5-6th of October!
6-Getting the second Honour Certificate from Uni.:)
7- Choosing my term project from worst instructor in our department.
8- A pair of rainboats ( They're so cute )
9- When i was waiting in front of the Greek Embassy.
10- I'd have rented a flat a few years ago and stayed more often.
11- Spending money to the people who didn't deserve.
12- I think i did :)
13- I really don't have time to be the fan of any tv programs.
14-Bergdorf Blondes
15-Nikos Vertis and Panos Kiamos
16-1 week trip to Greece
17-Nothing really...Maybe as you refered, my salary.
18- High Heel boots till your Knee with panty hose!
19-My sense of humour
20- Recently any of them!

Michelle said...

Hey, it's a blog post! ;) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!