30 December 2009

Happy New Year

Wow...what an amazing year! Let me continue my tradition and get personal about 2009 (just like I did last year)


1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?

Going to a DJ-course, discovering that I am talented in mixing. (Here comes DJ Stakhanov White)

2. Did you keep your New Year resolutions for 2009?

Yes I did..at least I tried to be a better man

3. What countries did you visit?

Germany, UK, Ukraine (and the beloved autonomous republic of Crimea), Russia, Syria and Belarus. We tried to complete the "Axis of Evil Roadshow" this year but couldn't go to North Korea and Iraq (hopefully in 2010)

4. What would you like to have in 2010 that you did not have in 2009?

Peace and a DJ mixer

5. What date from 2009 is etched on your memory?

9.2008. I started my MBA courses...it is pain in any language

6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Staying alive, employed, healthy, well off, well fed and beloved.

7. What was your biggest failure?

Ignoring simple human factors..both at work and at private life

8. What was the best thing you bought?

My new desktop PC. Some of my IT guys claim that it is faster than most of the servers at the office.

9. What did you get really really really really excited about?

Thinking that I really like my job

10. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Outsourcing the chores at home...and at work whenever I could

11. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Making people happy, unrequited...keeping to the "Always Can Do" policy

12. Did you fall in love in 2009?

Should I get that personal? Who cares about that?...even I don't

13. What was your favorite TV program?

Lost and How I Met Your Mother...and the funny thing is that I never watched them on TV. God bless Internet...

14. What was the best book you read?

"Comrades" by Robert Service. Reading this book simultanesously with MBA course books made me think that Kottler is a militant bolshevik.

15. What was your greatest musical discovery?

LeBatman...I love french house

16. What did you want and not get?

A tattoo...and I think I will never get one (I cannot deceive my senses that much)

17. What is one thing that made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

My cumulative net salary...I think I am paying more taxes than an affluent businessman in Turkey.

18. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Suits...like a second skin

19. What kept you sane?

Dreams of a better future and my father's unbelievable moral support

20. What political issue stirred you the most?

I am living and working in or near the most stirred up political climates in the world. Am I clear with that answer? But I think Turkey is currently ina reprogramming phase where old players are discarded to make way for new ones. We will definitely see some shaking ground under our beliefs. Nobody seems innocent.


By the way check back what I have posted in 2008, 2007 and 2006 (and more here)about this...I think I am getting old and so does this blog.

I hope 2010 will bring the best for all of us...at least better than 2009 was.

Keep safe, sane, sober and away from Russia and any anarcho-communist tendencies...

XOXO

Turkish Invasion Team
Dinc and Unemployed East German Cosmonaut Trainees

1 comment:

Ulas Ergin said...

С новым годом!